Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bream on Soft Plastics

Hi Peoples,

Little bit of fishing report from the weekend. I went out chasing Bream in one of my favourite hot spots...Berowra Waters! I've been after a genuine blue-nose breamski in the 1.5kg weight class for a front cover shot in Fishing World.. last year i was hitting this class of fish pretty regularly and got some real monsters in the process. Ever since i have been trying to get one for noteriety and i can't get close..bloody frustrating.

The plan was to hit a few bream early using a combination of unweighted crabs which my cousins were using and i would persist with sp's.. The bream weren't around in massive numbers but they played ball and kept us entertained... The boys did better than me on size fish but i kept pace with numbers.

This all got me thinking...Gulp packaging reads..."outfishes live bait"... how true is this??? Who are they judging this against??? Is it scientific???

If a pro bream fisho uses gulp he will almost certainly outfish a newbie using live bait. Put that live bait in the hands of pros and it's a different ball game. Marketing is a powerful influencer...

Anyhow, not to digress, but i have addded to my 2009 goal sheet. I want to hit a genuine 2kg bream on sp's. I got a few using bait over the years but now it's time to hit one on sp's. Add this to my 1m flatty and my 20kg jew..and it makes for a busy year ahead. The question is what scent will it come on??? Gulp or S-Factor???

No comments: